To mission is to embrace children’s uniqueness, culture and identity through aroha, play and adventure.
Our vision is that our children are happy, loved, and feel safe & secure to unfold naturally as learners
- Creating an unhurried learning environment filled with love, whanaungatanga and magic moments
- Engaging in a robust Te Whatu Pokeka planning cycle for children that values culture, identity and uniqueness
- Providing well resourced play spaces that celebrate papatuanuku and manaakitanga
- Working in partnership with families and whanau to celebrate learning, culture and children’s success
- Providing children with reflective teachers who are continuously growing, learning and developing as high-quality primary caregivers
- Creating an environment where teachers are like whanau, who work together in unity across the centre
- Building an environment that celebrates self-expression through creativity, imagination and exploration
- We welcome children and whanau into a loving ‘home away from home’ environment implementing a ‘primary caregiving’ model to meet the holistic needs of individuals within a group care setting.
- Teachers with strong bonded relationships nurture children’s natural unfolding development and support them to express their rights and choices as free and equal human beings.
- Within the centres culture of kindness, we offer respectful partnership with families and whanau, including and celebrating their diverse cultural identities and aspirations for their children.
- Our passionate teachers are dedicated to enhance and enrich their knowledge and practice through engaging in a well-designed on-going professional development programme.
- Our curriculum empowers children to learn through play, to explore relationships, and choose meaningful experiences and activities that capture their imagination and wonder in an unhurried and well-resourced natural environment.
- We interweave te reo me nga tikanga Māori (the Māori language, beliefs and values) into our daily curriculum, and by doing so, we show our commitment towards honouring our partnership within the Treaty of Waitangi.